Wednesday 16 May 2012

Struggles with relationships

Ever been in a relationship where you feel like you're the one who's not being heard? The one who cares more about the relationship and works the hardest to make the relationship work? If you have I can relate.

Relationships can be hard, especially at this age. You're hormones and emotions are running high, and technology doesn't help either, especially texting. Text one thing and without the expression in the voice then it can be taken the complete other way and just like that an argument can begin. When these fights happen they can be rough, believe me I know, but what I always wonder is how someone in a relationship can be so cruel sometimes in these fights whether it's girls or boys.

When you're in a relationship one of the minor, well not even minor, major expectations is that person is supportive of the things you do. If you're into sports they should want to come to competitions and cheer you on, if you're and actor then they should want to be at everyone of your performances. Now I don't know if that's just me who thinks these things but it seems like a logical expectation doesn't it? Also here's something I wonder about and see if you girls agree. When you're in a relationship do you want to hear your boyfriend tell you, you look beautiful even when you're not wearing make up? Do you want to hear them say how much they love you? Do you want them to listen to you when you have a problem and they need someone to talk to? I answered yes to all of these and I'm hoping it's not just me and my hopeless romanticness and that there are girls out there who agree with me. It's one thing knowing they know all these things but it's another thing to hear them right?

Something I'm curious about is when you're fighting with your significant other and they say horrible things how can you tell when they mean what they're saying or if it's just because you're fighting? I've seen relationships where the person is getting torn down and told they're terrible at something there passionate about and been called horrible things and yet they're still with them. I realized that there has to be a reason why you're still with them and you need to think and be able to do one of two things.
  1. Stay with them and talk things out: Sometimes all it takes is two people to sit down and discuss things. If all you do is fight, get mad and just let it blow over then the issues will never get solved. Or...
  2.  Leave them: I know seeing those words are hard and believe me when I say they're hard to read. But as people have told me in the past if you're unhappy with the relationship and the cons out weigh the pros then you could leave. It might be the hardest thing you do and it might scare you to death but you'll have people all around you who will support you through this and you may learn more about yourself without this person than you thought you knew.
I'm sorry, I know it must seem like I'm ranting and I know this is a pretty long post but being in a relationship that's kind of rocky at the moment I needed to get things off my chest and some questions answered.  I hope you guys can relate and please comment whether it's a comment or a question. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the subject.

~Marianna

No comments:

Post a Comment