Saturday 19 May 2012

Canada's Wonderland trip ft. Leviathan!

Hey Guys!

So yesterday I went to Canada's Wonderland with two of my good friend's from university and this was my first time back in two years. For those of you that don't know Canada's Wonderland is located in Vaughn, ON and it is the most amazing theme park ever! If you haven't gone and you live close to there I totally recommend going to it!

Anyways, so a new ride opened this year called Leviathan. I found a definition of the word that fits perferctly. Something unusually large of its kind. Well that certainly defines the ride to a "T". Leviathan is the tallest, fastest and longest ride in not only Canada's Wonderland but also all of Canada. It towers the park at 306' (93.3 m) being much taller than the 2nd tallest ride at Wonderland, Behemoth, which two years ago towered the park at 230' (70 m) making it the tallest at the time. The length of the track spans at 5, 486' (1,672 m) which comes outside the park to the front gate so while you're getting your tickets or season's pass a part of the ride passes over top of you. This out-lengths Behemoth which is 5,318' (1,620.9 m). Not only does Leviathan have a death-defying first drop which has an angle of 80 degress and has a speed of 92 mph (146 km/h)  but the first drop is so steep that when you're at the top of the hill, you can't even see the bottom, and the ride lasts 3 min and 28 seconds! This also out trumps Behemoth which has an angle of 75 degrees, a speed of 77 mph (128 km/h) and lasts 3 minutes and 10 seconds. Both rides are amazing but with Leviathan's height, length, speed and it's twists and turns is sure to get your adrenaline going and your blood pumping!

Now to talk about my experience yesterday. My one friend and I arrived at the park well before it opened so we could get our season's pass before the park opened mainly to beat the rush. Once we got them we went straight to line up to get into the "Medieval Faire" part of the park which is where the Leviathan is located. When we arrived at the lineup we were only in it for about 20 minutes because they hadn't put out the line extensions. Those 20 minutes seemed to take forever due to my nerves and my excitement. We managed to get front of the line and experienced the greatest ride ever. I have to say if you're going to go on this ride it needs to be the front or the back, those are the best places to feel the weightlessness of the ride. It met all of my expectations and I wasn't disappointed we started with this ride.

We later met up with our other friend and we went on all our favourite rides throughout the day taking breaks for lunch, snacks, a cool down and then dinner. After dinner we decided to go on Leviathan one more time and end the day on a high note. We got in line at 8:40pm and by this time the line extensions were out and the line up was much much longer. We met some nice girls and talked to them which helped passed the time. By the time we were up at the gates for the lines for the seats it was 10pm so being in line for 1hr 20min we were anxious for the ride. We didn't get front row which was disappointing but we got the 4th row which was fine. So we get in the seats and the ride starts and we start approaching the hill. Now let me just quickly tell you one of my worst fears is getting stuck on a roller coaster and especially the first hill. We were joking about how Behemoth's first year some cars got stuck at the top of the hill. So we get the hill and the first row is about the start the incline when the ride stops. Now flashing back to my fear I got a little nervous, not too much though cause we were still level. They started our car going again and just as the second row started the incline the ride stops again. At this point I'm panicking a bit more but still pretty calm cause we were still level. They again start the ride again and this time we started the incline and the ride stops  again! This is where I started freaking out cause I am now living my worst fear. Thanks to my one friend she helped calm me down but I was still shaking like an earthquake in my seat. They started our car again and this time took it very slow. This made me nervous because I was petrified we'd  get stuck higher up, luckily we were able to finish the ride with no more problems. It was definitely a memorable way to end the day.

All in all I LOVED this ride! It made me scream, it had the thrill factor, the speed, height, length and twists and turns got my adrenaline going and my hair flying in every direction. Even though I got stuck on the ride it definitely has not turned me away and I would recommend this ride to anyone and everyone! If you'd like to check out a POV of the ride then click (or copy and paste) the link below. I must warned you though this video doesn't give it justice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cym2hj4SVqw&feature=share

2 comments:

  1. omg, getting stuck freaks me out so much. I think i would have had a heart attack.

    Congrats on the blog <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha it was pretty scary but I'm able to laugh about it now :) And now I'll have a story to tell my kids one day :P And thanks!

    ReplyDelete